- Belongs to the 1994 Batch of Indian Administrative Service -One of the most challenging and fulfilling public services, allotted to Punjab Cadre.
- Currently, posted as Principal Secretary to Governor, Punjab and Administrator U.T. Chandigarh, since June 2017. Also held additional charge as Secretary, Sports & Youth Affairs from June2017 till August 2018.
- During the 5 years (2012-2017) tenure as Secretary, Local Government (Municipal Administration/Urban Development) and CEO of Punjab Municipal Infrastructure Development Company (PMIDC), spearheaded the Urban Development Sector in Punjab. Has been a key resource person at the national level in the transition and development of new paradigms in urban development programs like Smart Cities, Swachh Bharat Mission etc.
- Continues a long association with Isha Foundation, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, founded by Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, having been the CEO of the Foundation on deputation, from 2009 to 2012, with its large scale, volunteer-run, impactful and cutting edge social projects in school education, holistic health care and environment protection.
- Continues deep interest and involvement in major initiatives for farmers welfare through Farmer Producer Organization (FPO) movement, crop diversification, Agro-forestry-based increase of tree cover embedded in the ‘Cauvery Calling‘ and ‘Rally for Rivers’ movements of Isha Foundation.
- Had played a pivotal, cutting edge leadership role in all the key regulatory and developmental functions of District Administration during the period from 1996 to 2001 and later from 2006 to 2009 as District Collector of Kapurthala district in Punjab. Designed and implemented several pioneering large scale programmes of public action; like ‘District Action Plan for Drug De-addiction’ etc.
- During the deputation tenure with Government of Tamil Nadu (2001-2006), as M.D of Tamil Nadu Adidravidar Housing & Development Corporation (TAHDCO), designed and implemented several livelihood programmes of self- employment for individuals, women self-help groups and capacity building of youth through employability enhancement training programmes, benefiting about half a million beneficiaries of underprivileged class of people in the State of Tamil Nadu.
- Born in 1966, and brought up in the ancient city of Madurai in Tamil Nadu. Graduated in Economics from the American College Madurai, before shifting to New Delhi for post-graduation in MBA from IIFT, New Delhi in 1989 and thereafter worked for 4 years in international trade with the State Trading Corp in New Delhi.
- Likes to contribute in initiatives that aim to reinforce the relevance of core Indian Ethos and Values, which are universal in nature.